Information We Collect About You
Depending on how you interact with our Website, we may collect several types of information from you, including:
- Business contact information, such as your name, address, email, company, phone number, and other related information requested on our online forms.
- Your status as a client of Littler, now or in the past, or of another firm.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. However, we will not request your Social Security number or state driver’s license number, nor any sensitive personal information, so please do not submit such information.
- Your responses to surveys we may ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners, suppliers and vendors that provide services such as webinars, videos, training materials, books and other services.
We will also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources you use, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information.
We also obtain information about your use of our Website by using cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit web pages. The owner of the cookie (who may not be directly connected to the web page that set it – see Third Party Cookies below) can access the information that is stored in that cookie when you view web pages that include the cookie owner’s code. Cookies are widely used, are necessary for the correct function of many websites and can enrich the user experience. They may also be used to track user behavior.
We use different types of cookies to help us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Third party cookies
We allow carefully selected third parties to place cookies via our website. These are cookies that are owned by external organizations. Below is a list of the third parties who may set cookies when you visit our website:
Google Analytics places cookies to track your use of our website. This tracking is anonymous and the data is used so that we can understand how our website is used and how to improve the experience that we offer our visitors.
AddThis, a provider of social plugins services, places cookies directly and through other, affiliated third parties to allow you to share content via social media, including Twitter LinkedIn or Facebook.
Vimeo places cookies to help us deliver videos on the Website. Some of the cookies Vimeo places are only used if you use certain features or select certain preferences. Other cookies are always used.
Since the third party cookies we use are set up and managed by third parties, we suggest you check the third party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. Here are links to help you:
Other ways to manage cookies
You can also control or disable cookies in your web browser. How you disable cookies depends on which browser you use. All modern browsers allow you to change your privacy settings to prevent websites form planting cookies.
These settings will typically be found in your browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu or by using 'Help' option. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful.
If you configure your browser to refuse to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website or it may not function as intended.
Consent to Cookies
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- Provide you with marketing communication and information.
- Provide information about products or services that you request from us.
- Respond to your inquiries for posted job positions.
- Respond to your requests for proposals.
- Allow you to subscribe to our newsfeeds, blogs and emails.
- Provide you with invitations to seminars, conferences and other engagements.
- Provide video vignettes and training information for your reference.
- Enhance our Website offerings and capabilities.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates and joint venture partners.
- Contractors, vendors and service providers we use to support our business and this Website.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Littler’s assets, in which case personal information we collect via this Website will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Littler, our clients, customers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, information security and other related matters.
Protection of Your Information
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
This Website and the nature of our services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. If you are under 13, do not attempt to register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any personal information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website Outside the United States
If you reside outside the United States, any information you provide to us on this Website will be transferred out of your country and into the United States. If you do not want your personal information to leave your country, please do not provide such information to Littler and do not use our Website. By providing personal information to Littler, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and/or other countries.
Third Party Websites
This Website contains links to third party websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn . These links and pointers to third-party websites are not part of our Website. Littler does not make any representations or warranties regarding any third-party websites. These third-party websites might have privacy policies different from Littler’s. We advise you to review the privacy and security policies of all third-party websites before you share any personal information. Littler is not responsible for any losses or damages in connection with the information, security, privacy, down time, content or accuracy of materials of any third-party websites.
Last Updated: May, 2018