The premier labor and employment law conference, The Executive Employer®, is a multi-day event that covers the most significant legal developments and trends impacting the workplace. It is designed specifically for senior leaders in the legal department, human resources, and employee relations to prepare their companies for the workplace of the future. Attendees will partake in three days of thought leadership, education, and networking.
The 36th annual Executive Employer Conference will take place May 8-10, 2019, at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix, Arizona.
Invitation Only Event
For more information, please email Executive Employer Conference.
2019 Conference Topics
Littler’s Executive Employer Conference consistently focuses on helping in-house counsel, human resources executives and employee relations professionals understand current challenges and develop strategies to address the workplace issues they will face in the coming years. Preconference sessions will begin at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 8. The interactive workshops will conclude at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, May 10. The ethics session on Friday, from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., will close out the conference. Below is a sampling of the 2019 conference topics.
Wednesday afternoon (Preconference Sessions)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- What Union and Nonunion Employers Need to Know About Today's Unions and Employer Obligations Under the NLRA
- Littler Industry Roundtables - Retail, Transportation, Federal Contractor, Hospitality, and Healthcare
Thursday (Main Conference Sessions)
- OSHA Update
- Recent FMLA/ADA Requirements
- Anticipating and Beating the Risks of the Latest Wave of Technology Entering the Workplace
- Conducting Effective Internal Investigations Outside the United States
- How Artificial Intelligence and Technology Are Changing Talent Acquisition Compliance
- Auditing Overtime Exemptions
- Preparing the Workplace for the Legalization of Cannabis in North America
- Transgender Rights in the Workplace
- Using Biometrics, AI, Augmented Reality, and Robotics to Improve Your Company’s Workforce Selection, Learning, Cybersecurity, Productivity, Safety, and Morale
Friday (Interactive Workshops)
- Conducting Lawful Investigations After #MeToo
- HR Scenario Challenges Involving Difficult Decisions and Legal Risks
- Mental Illness in the Workplace
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Data Analytics in Litigation
The complete 2019 agenda is available upon request.
2018 Conference Highlights
Please enjoy photos and the video below from the 2018 Executive Employer Conference.
To see Bloomberg Law’s coverage of the Executive Employer Conference, go to https://www.bna.com/executive-employer/.